Author Topic: Here is project bug body swap, it is doable even without being a professional!  (Read 2601 times)

Offline Cayce

• Nor Cal Luftvolks
We thought we would share one of our projects, we are swapping a 74 sun bug body off and a 72 vert body on. The 72 I took apart then realized I DO NOT know how to put it back together. So my easy out, find a solid body with good interior and swap the bodies. The Sun bug was going to be sold as an entire body as it was in need of a good paint job but in good shape, then the teens crashed it.. so we are now parting it out instead!

Here is the supply list for day one:
Beer
4 friends
a 4x4
a hammer
a socket wrench

Supply list for day two:
Beer after working
2 friends
a hammer
Jack stands
an engine hoist

Try to remember that opinions comes cheap and advice is only as good as the imagination and ingenuity of the person offering it. You really can do anything with a little help from your friends... and free beer.

photo link to the body swap with a few short film clips.... so have a look if you are interested!
http://photobucket.com/CayceW

« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 04:31:34 PM by Cayce »

Offline LUFTVOLKS

• Administrator
  • BangBusBaby!!
Sounds great! I recommend uploading pics to photobucket or similar image site and putting in the link. Did you finish the swap yet?

Offline Cayce

• Nor Cal Luftvolks
Thanks got that link now above... not finished yet but the bodies are on the right places... lots more to finish! However we are in NC for 10 days so it is waiting for our return!

Offline scratchyratchy

• Nor Cal Luftvolks
  • MARTY!!!
SWEEET-AAHH!!!

and thanks luft for posting the pics....   ;)

Offline slammed66

• Administrator
What was the 4x4 for?

Offline 64Notch

• OG Luftvolks
Dude it is a 4 x4 post your thing 4 x4 truck

Offline LUFTVOLKS

• Administrator
  • BangBusBaby!!
How soon before you can take it on the road? Is it going to be restored or a driver?