Author Topic: Dellorto 36's  (Read 4415 times)

Offline socalbomber

• OG Luftvolks
  • I just ate bath salts, your face looks tasty!
Dellorto 36's
« on: March 25, 2011, 12:19:44 AM »
I have a set for the baja, and talked to seth about it and he said that they would be to small for the 2 liter. So i looked up the carbs and read that if you change out the venturi's (?) to bigger one and changed out the jets, they would work on engines upwards of 2.2 liters or something like that. So the question is, where can i find these, i havent check craigslist or the samba yet, and ive heard shit for these are nearly impossible to find now since production of these stopped. I need to see how to change these out cause i have no clue what a venturi is! Gotta gimme a break if you decide to bash on me for that, because im still new to the carb scene, having run stupid ass fuel injection for 3 years because by law, i had to!
Going on safaris in your bushes and leaving donuts in your lawn with my zombie thrashing splitty!!!

Offline 64Notch

• OG Luftvolks
Re: Dellorto 36's
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 12:29:26 AM »
Someone rang for Dr. Dellorto ;D

Offline socalbomber

• OG Luftvolks
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 09:43:59 AM »
Ah thanks Doc! much appreciated!
Going on safaris in your bushes and leaving donuts in your lawn with my zombie thrashing splitty!!!

Offline LUFTVOLKS

• Administrator
  • BangBusBaby!!
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 12:06:07 PM »
Back in the day 36s were used a lot on 2.1 bus engines with stock ports and exhaust. What is important is that you match the carbs, heads, cam and exhaust. You can put some 48s on that 2L but if the heads, cam and exhaust cant flow you are wasting your time.

You can put up to a 32 vent in the 36s, they usually come with 30s. Easily swapped out as there is only one screw holding them into the body. You can still get all the parts from CB but they are pricey. Search TS for deals and if you do get used jets measure them as most have been reamed out and are no longer the size they say on the side.

THere is also a guy on ebay called alfasomething or other that sells take of 36s from alfa romeos and sells them CHEAP!  Ive purchased several parts and kits from him in the past and they were excellent price and product.

What are you putting them on?

I am using my 36s on my 2.2L build so I can get a ton of torque and good gas mileage.

Build specs:

82mm scat crank
94mm mahle pistons
Engle 100 cam
5.5 H beams
Non ported 041 heads
1 1/2 merged header

If I had better heads I would put on the 44IDFs.

I hopefully will be getting the bus on a dyno and try both sets of carbs to see what it likes better. I know I will be able to rev it a bit higher but for the cam and use in the bus high reving is not what I want.

Offline socalbomber

• OG Luftvolks
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 03:22:19 PM »
Well im just going to put them on my old 2 liter for the baja. i dont want to split the case because theres a shit load of play ing the crank and the piston rings are shot. I dont want to rebuild the engine, just drive it til it blows!

Offline LUFTVOLKS

• Administrator
  • BangBusBaby!!
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 03:35:46 PM »
Well im just going to put them on my old 2 liter for the baja. i dont want to split the case because theres a shit load of play ing the crank and the piston rings are shot. I dont want to rebuild the engine, just drive it til it blows!

I dont blame you, at $250 for the main bearings alone. You should at least re ring it and seal it, thats not so hard.

Offline socalbomber

• OG Luftvolks
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2011, 06:56:38 PM »
Ya, i could do that. Just gotta find the stuff. im pretty sure the heads are warped too, so ill look into that as well

Offline LUFTVOLKS

• Administrator
  • BangBusBaby!!
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2011, 06:12:47 PM »

Offline socalbomber

• OG Luftvolks
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2011, 11:17:37 PM »
Thank you!